Troubles compiling Grass 5.0 beta6

jbrowne jbrowne at liu.edu
Wed Jan 19 22:52:48 EST 2000

Juan
     I have had similar problems. I am running SuSE 6.1 with kernel 2.2.7 on a
twin P2 400 SMP machine. the recommended compile seemed to work for me. I ran
configure and then make install. After successfully generating several object
files and doing some linking, the output was:

warning multiple common R(char, long double __restric, long long)
warning multiple common R__cury
warning multiple common V__
unidentified reference to __waddbytes

  I hope that this helps pinpoint the problems so that we can both try again.

                                      Jim

<juancho at eucmos.sim.ucm.es> =====