Beta 5 and its lockfile

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Jan 19 23:42:53 EST 2000

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 11:27:23PM -0500, jbrowne wrote:
> Eric,
>     Thanks, but I tried that, along with running it as root. The lock command
> was crashing even when tested in isolation. After getting corrupted HTTP
> downloads of binaries and source from Bayor, I used FTP for the binary and had
> then this problem. On the chance that it was another download problem, I did
> another download from Hannover. Same problem.
>
>   If it is working for you, what kernel and glibc versions are you running?
>
>   I apparently still have libc5.on the 2.2.7 kernel. Time to update and or
> compile.

I'm using Debian's unreleased Potato distribution with kernel 2.2.14,
glibc2.1.2 (libc6). Beta5 compiled flawlessly ( a few warnings about
casts) using gcc-2.95.  Only thing I've yet to get working is NVIZ2.2.
Seems to be real picky about your Tcl/Tk installation.  I get errors
about undefined reference to Tcl_Panic.  Haven't been using it
extensively, so I can't comment on undiscovered bugs.