NVIZ2.2 compilation problems-conclusion

Rado Bonk bonkr at s-cwis.unomaha.edu
Sun Jan 23 18:39:43 EST 2000

Hi GRASSusers,
I decided to write the message based upon the time I spent with NVIZ2.2
compilation and based upon the discussion with couple of people who have
more experiences with code understanding than me. So here is what I have
found:
NVIZ2.2 will not compile on SGI (ONYX server, 8 CPUs) using -n32, but will
compile into -o32 binaries. The rest of the GRASS is just the opposite.
Unfortunately they can't be mixed together during the linking phase.
C. compiler: gcc 2.81
OS: Irix 6.5 (64 bit)
While trying to compile NVIZ2.2 as -n32 several errors came up in the
source (file togl.c, about line 65). These went away when compiling into
-o32 object files.
The compilation appears to to get to the final linking stage (creating the
file nwish), but stops because the *.o files are -n32 format object. There
must be a way to tell compiler to create -o32 objects but I haven't found
a way to do that in the online documentation. I am using grass5.0beta6e.
The whole other source code had compiled pretty well.
Thanks,

	-Rado

---
Rado Bonk