newbie help with Landsat4-Fastformat imagery

PORZIG, ROGER W NAU ROGER.W.PORZIG at NAU02.USACE.ARMY.MIL
Wed Jul 12 04:09:39 EDT 2000

Hello all,
	I am a new grass user and I need some help with some imagery.  I am
running Grass5.0b under Linux and have a CDROM with a LandSat4 FastFormat
scene I need to read.  The i.group command does not seem to let me create a
group per the documentation and the i.tape.tm gives me an error when I
specify the /dev/cdrom device to read.  How can I get this image data into
GRASS?  Any help would be grand.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Roger W. Porzig