About r.cost etc.

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Jun 29 12:14:38 EDT 2000

Hi all,

Has anyone used r.cost successfully in GRASS5.0?
I am trying to use it but no matter whatever kind
of input raster map I use in r.cost, the "Peak cost value"
of the output map is calculated to be 0.000000
The output I get consists of 0 and null values only.

I am running cost with the following command line
input.

>r.cost input=cost coordinate=445775.00,310875.00 output=cost_dist

Also, is there any way of converting NULL values in reclassed
maps to 0 data value. Both r.null and r.support do not seem
to work on reclassed maps.

Another problem I am facing is the segmentation fault error
in r.los. This seems to be a know bug. Any suggestions as to
how it can be fixed are most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Venkatesh Raghavan
Osaka City University