Fw: Makefile help

David Armstrong david.armstrong at dtn.ntl.com
Tue Mar 7 04:08:29 EST 2000

thanks eric ,

it did not seem to help here is a dump of text when doing a make
with no modifications to makfile just a grass ./configure makes it !.

[root at localhost grass5.0beta]# make

if [ ! -d /usr/local/grass-5.0b ]; then mkdir /usr/local/grass-5.0b ; fi

if [ ! -d src/CMD/next_step ]; then mkdir src/CMD/next_step ; fi

/root/.bashrc UNIX_BIN=/usr/local/bin SRC=`pwd`
GISBASE=/usr/local/grass-5.0b MACHINENAME=`uname -n` /bin/sh sr

c/CMD/generic/CREATE_GMAKE.sh

make: *** [pre-install] Error 1

With ENV =
i do not even get this far it croakes on isa64.sh or something

iam i reading this correct in that  'pwd' and 'uname-n' is not being set in
the above line etc
hence the error !.
dave

 Linux Mandrake 7 OS