Try 4.2.1 (was: 4.3 binaries for linux?)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Mar 15 10:07:54 EST 2000

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 08:34:32AM -0500, Glen Gunsalus wrote:
> There don't seem to be 4.3 binaries for linux in any of the usual
> places.  Can anyone give me pointers to such?  RH6.1 if it matters.

Well I do not know about 4.3 binaries.
4.2.1 is very stable and tested. 4.3 is not tested that well.
4.3 was created without involvement of the 4.2.x version coordinator (Markus).
4.3 source code AFAIK is only supported by the Baylor group since then.

> I've downloaded CVS of 5beta and compiled without problem on Solaris
> 2.6 and RH6.1  Kudos to the development team.
>
> There are several routines in 4.3 I need for a current project that are
> not yet implemented in 5beta, and the compile of 4.3 is a bit
> problematic, both on Solaris and linux, thus, the desire for binary
> version.

Try 4.2.1 and tell us what the problem is, it might have a higher chance
of getting solved. If you need improvements the 5.0beta version is the
way to go.
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)