nviz success

Michael A Crimmins mcrimmin at net-link.net
Thu Mar 16 13:35:44 EST 2000

I finally got nviz up and running yesterday and I am glad I did...very
cool program. It did turn out to be some trivial things in the compiling
of the Mesa libs. I had to copy them over to /usr/lib as was suggested
and that seemed to clear up the libMesaGL.so.3 error on startup. I did
run into another error where nviz was looking for libpq.so.2.0 which was
a postgresql file I didn't have installed. The path to my config.tcl in
the startup script needed to be tweaked, but that may be a result of my
messy setup.  After that, it ran fine.

I did leave the first line of the nviz startup script as it was when I
download the package. That didn't seem to be the problem.

Thank to everyone for their help. I will take a look at the Mesa
instructions on the grass site to see if I can make any suggestions for
the Mesa3.1 package.

Mike Crimmins
Kalamazoo, MI