Contour vectorization (SUMMARY)

Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu
Wed Mar 22 11:48:07 EST 2000

David,

I'm not exactly clear on your question.  You can scan
and import raster images into GRASS (tiff, sun raster,etc)
Using GRASS, you can then use the r.poly tool to extract
vectors from your raster map.  It will take the category
seperations and trace the vector contours for you.  We
use it a lot with good results.

Bruce

--
Bruce Byars