LinuxNewbie

jsole010 jsole010 at correu.udg.es
Mon May 1 07:23:54 EDT 2000

Hello everybody. I'm serching a little help with Linux...

I'm an archeologist working with grass 4.3 for some months. Someday something
went wrong with my hard disk and my "site_files" directory and the "windows"
file of a mapset become "block devices". And I cannot open, move or delete
them because "I've not permission".

I don't worry for the data because I've got some backups. The problem is that
I cannot remove these block devices. So I cannot copy the ancient "site_files"
and "windows" from the backup (they have de same name). First I must remove
these block devices. Can anybody tell me how can I send them to trash?

Thank you very much

Quim Soler i Subils
Laboratori de Prehistòria i Arqueologia
Universitat de Girona