ESRI Shape Output (v.out.shape) !

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Wed May 17 16:49:57 EDT 2000

Alejandro Imass wrote:

> Is there any GPL'd dlg -> shape conventer that you know. You see, I don have
> access to an Arc/Info station and I'm trying to publish my data w/ MapServer
> that only reads shape files!

Alejandro

Unfortunately I don't know of any standalone converters,
though there may be some somewhere. An alternative
would be to use a dxf export, though this would only produce
line data export, and it still reduces to the problem of
finding a dxf to shape converter. There are some commercial
packages that can do this eg.

http://www.ibmpcug.co.uk/~MapMaker/

but mostly they are Winblows only and not free

Perhaps the import/export problem is more urgent than
I thought it was.

David