G3D modules and s.vol.idw

Bernhard Sturm sturm at datacomm.ch
Sun May 21 06:38:18 EDT 2000

Hi Markus

> Which warning did you get? s.in.ascii should accept ASCII files with a
> structure as follows:
>
> x1 y1 z1 attribute1
> x2 y2 z2 attribute2
> x3 y3 z3 attribute3
> [...]

This works now fine, the problem was, that I wanted to import too many
attributes (I had also string attributes that I wanted to import, but I
dropped them, and now it's working alright)

But whenever I try to run s.vol.idw I get an error message telling me, that
the module checks for a missing PERMANENT/DEFAULT_WIND3 and then
PERMANENT/WIND3 file. I assume I have to generate these files when building
a new mapset database, but I couldn't figure out how and when those files
are created...

Any idea?

thanks for the help and (I am enjoing GRASS more and more, since I started
writting my own scripts ;-)

Bernhard Sturm
--
Department of Geography