[GRASSLIST:1093] Re: Conversion Transvers Mercator Shape File to LL Shape File

m.malicky at landesmuseum-linz.ac.at m.malicky at landesmuseum-linz.ac.at
Tue Nov 7 13:30:05 EST 2000

On 6 Nov 00, at 19:02, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 05:45:55PM +0100, m.malicky at landesmuseum-linz.ac.at wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I have the following question:
> >
> > How does one convert a transvers mercator (gauss krüger) shape
> > file to a lat-long shape file.
> >
> Hi Michael Malicky,
>
> you will have to create a location containing the gauß-krüger
> data, and a second location with lat-/long settings (empty).
>
> Then go into lat/long-location and transform the gauß-krüger-data
> with v.proj. It will ask you for the source (gk) location and
> get this dataset into the new lat/long location.
>
> In case you don't know the lat-/long coordinates:
> To convert the corner coordinates of your gk-location use
> m.proj to receive the corresponding lat/long values.
>
> Hope this helps! In case of problems, please contact me.

Hi!

thanks for the help!
this has worked so far :-), but there are still problems:
the long_0 for my gauß krüger file is 13°20'E
the lat_0 is 45°N
the e-w range within gauß krüger is -51300 to 121667
the s-n range is 251470 to 397311

the transformed file appears between 13.26001E - 15.7544E
and 50.2487N - 51.5698N
but should be somewhere between 12E - 16E and 47N - 49N

mfg

Michael
DI Michael Malicky
System Administrator ZOBODAT