[GRASSLIST:1096] Mac OS X build

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Wed Nov 8 17:37:56 EST 2000

Hello all,

First, I would like to state that I have never used Grass before,
however I am going to attempt to compile the Grass 5 beta 8 in the
MacOS X environment.  MacOS X is based on BSD so I assume that I
should be able to build binaries.

Are there any gotchas, tips, needed libraries or suggestions anyone
might be able to offer before I embark on this adventure??  Or better
yet, has anyone attempted to compile binaries for MacOS X yet???

By the way, I plan on using Grass ( hopefully ) to re-project USGS
DRG's from a custom Albers projection to a standard UTM projection
and update the .tfw world file with the correct UTM coordinates.

I greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks,
--
Jeshua Lacock