[GRASSLIST:1138] Re: r.in.tiff

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Nov 15 21:05:06 EST 2000

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 04:05:23PM -0600, bob at math.umn.edu wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> This shows up:
>
> r.in.tiff -v input=/var/tmp/grass/data/riversitaly.tif
> output=riversitaly r.in.tiff: error in loading shared libraries:
> /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3: undefined symbol: _fxstat
>
> This might be of interest:
>
> GRASS:~/grass > uname -a Linux khusro 2.2.17 #2 Wed Oct 4 05:00:32 CDT
> 2000 i686 unknown GRASS:~/grass > g.version GRASS 5.0beta8 (July 2000)
>
> Any thoughts?

I don't know about that specific error, but the r.[in|out].tiff commands
have seen some updating in CVS.  Specifically, Arc/Info style TIFF World
files are directly supported and a nasty memory bug was fixed.

My guess is the libtiff that beta8 was compiled against is somehow
different than the version you have installed.  No such private symbol
is referenced in r.[in|out].tiff that I can recall, so I'll blame it on
the compiler ;)

> FWIW:
>
> GRASS:~/grass > r.in.gif -help bash: r.in.gif: command not found

Removed due to LZW patent by UNISYS (apparently all mention of it hadn't
been removed).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>