[GRASSLIST:1184] Re: Re[3]: ps.map pixel size and line attributes

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Nov 26 07:23:02 EST 2000

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 06:35:07PM -0700, Roger S. Miller wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > maybe you take a look at v.alabel and v.llabel to  bulk label
> > areas/lines in a vector map.
>
> I used v.alabel to label the areas in the model grid.  It worked very
> well.  My 5beta7 release came with the manual page for v.llabel, but I
> can't find the program itself.
Hi Roger,

the v.llabel appears in 5beta8 onwards.

> For what it's worth, the model grid was built from an ascii digitizer
> file.  I wrote a little program that read the ascii digitizer file and
> produced a list that matched Eric's description, with all of the attribute
> values set to 1.  I patched that list into the original attributes file
> (which originally contained entries only for the areas), then re-ran
> v.support.  After that, the cwidth specification in ps.map.new gave me the
> thin lines I needed.
O.k. fine. Please note that from 5beta8 onwards ps.map.new is ps.map
(so we replaced the old version).

Regards

 Markus

PS: GRASS 5 beta9 is scheduled for end of November (as soon as possible).
    This release is expected to be the last beta release, then
    GRASS 5.0stable shall be published.