[GRASSLIST:1191] Re: SDTS support on grass5

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Sun Nov 26 17:37:08 EST 2000

Ivan,
The BLM converter "sdts2dem.exe" works just fine on Windows machines; my
solution is to convert from SDTS to DEM under Windows, then copy the
files to my UNIX box. Look under ftp://ftp.blm.gov/pub/gis/sdts/dem/old/
for the zip file containing the executable. I'm not sure which version
is most robust. I have been using the output with GRASS 4.1, 4.3, and
5.0b8.

	-Malcolm Williamson
	 CAST - University of Arkansas