tcltkgrass & RH 7.0

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Oct 16 05:36:05 EDT 2000

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 11:35:55AM +0300, seppo kaitala wrote:
> Dear Grass list
>
> I updated Redhat to version  7.0 and after that TCLTKGRASS did not work.
>
> The reason seems to be, that  RH7.0 has tcl8.3 and so initscript
> tcltkgrass does not load proper tcltk version.   Would somebody show me
> please, how should I update my tcltkgrass init.  Many thanks beforehand.

Hi Seppo,

this is already fixed for the new GRASS 5 version. I have put an
update package here:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/linux/
-> tcltkgrass_tcl83.tar.gz

Installation:
start GRASS

cd $GISBASE
tar xvfz tcltkgrass_tcl83.tar.gz

Ready to use. Please let me know if problems occur.

Kind regards

 Markus Neteler

PS: We are currently facing problems with NVIZ/tcl8.3 as well. Hope
    to get them fixed soon.