Ref: GRASS to GMT

Alejandro Hinojosa alhinc at cicese.mx
Mon Oct 16 16:10:59 EDT 2000

David

 > Has anyone written a GRASS script to dump a raster
 > grid into a format ready for GMT?

There is a program in GMT called grdraster that reads raster files
(uncompressed) and extracts
a window of the raster file and writes it in grd format. You have to prepare
a grdraster.info ascii file with the descripion of the raster files you
want to operate on.
The source and README are in ..../gmt/src/dbase.

For the reverse process what I do is, get rid of the header file with the
tail +c1469 unix command
and then prepare a header file with the info provided with grdinfo gmt command.
I know it could be automated, but for the moment is the way I do it.

Hope it helps

Regards
Alejandro Hinojosa