v.in.ascii / v.out.ascii : attributes are not transferred

Stefan.Neumann at agrar.uni-giessen.de Stefan.Neumann at agrar.uni-giessen.de
Thu Oct 19 12:03:44 EDT 2000

Hi Grass,

with

v.out.ascii input=<vectorfile> output=<outputfile>

I can export a vector file. I have tested this feature and I noticed some points which seem peculiar to me.

Then I immediately imported the <outputfile> again with

v.in.ascii input=<outputfile> output=<someothervectorfile>

I expected that <someothervectorfile> has the same attributes as <vectorfile>, but it had no attributes at all. Apparently v.in.ascii did not import the attributes stored in .../dig_att/<outputfile>. Is this correct ??

Also I compared the format of .../dig_att/<outputfile> with the specification on page 45 of the Manual. It does not exactly match, the columns are different.

Please let me know if I made an error or if the modules mentioned above are not working correctly.

TIA, Stefan