[GRASSLIST:1700] making G3D file from 2D raster files

Pelizzari, Michael michael.pelizzari at lmco.com
Wed Apr 4 17:14:05 EDT 2001

Dear GRASS users/developers,

Is there a way to convert a set of Grass 2D raster files into a G3D file?
Nothing obvious jumps out at me from the on-line documentation.

I can imagine accomplishing this task with a new GRASS command
("r3.uglycode"?), which could be knit together from source code hacked out
of existing commands "r.out.ascii" and "r3.in.ascii".  But I'm pressed for
time.  Has anybody already done this?  Or can anybody suggest a faster way?

Mike