[GRASSLIST:1698] Re: importing dted without using a tape drive

Gail Higginbottom ghigginb at physics.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Apr 4 05:53:17 EDT 2001

Having just imported my rtf files using n.in.ntf2. I have another question
(thanks to Eric Miller previously by the way).

I have been reviewing the literature on r.patch. My confusion lies in the
suggestion that after using r.patch for raster maps we should use the
programme v.mkgrids  to "make adjacent maps align neatly together".

As I later wish to use the raster program r.cva this seems unwise as
v.mkgrids converts the patched  map to a vector map.

Does anyone have any ideas?

best wishes,
Gail.

Gail Higginbottom,
Centre for European Studies and General Linguistics,
University of Adelaide,
Adelaide, South Australia,
Australia. 5005.
and
Department of Physics and Mathematical Physics

ghigginb at physics.adelaide.edu.au

http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/~ghigginb/

(08) 8303:6440