[GRASSLIST:1706] Re: GRASS on clusters

Henk Coetzee henkc at geoscience.org.za
Fri Apr 6 02:29:04 EDT 2001

On Thu 05 Apr 01 11:41, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 07:01:50PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Lars Bromley wrote:
>
> excuse me to indrude here... Just a hint:
> GRASS 5 contains the "gmath" library which is a wrapper to LAPACK/BLAS.
> LAPACK/BLAS itself is a sophisticated mathematical library which exists
> in parallelized form (as far as I know). See:
> http://www.netlib.org/lapack/

LAPACK and BLAS do have parallelised libraries PLAPACK and PBLAS, which work
with PVM on clusters. This is probably the best route to follow, and could
speed up the numerically intensive stuff. I'd like to keep in touch on this
process, as I will hopefully be parallelising some of my own geophysical
algorithms in the near future.

Cheers

Henk

--