[GRASSLIST:1715] Re: Imagery rectification

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Apr 9 08:01:02 EDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 02:20:08PM +0700, Artemis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'd like to learn how to rectify
> satelite imagery. I have several
> images represented in 3 "channels"
> (or perhaps "bands"). All they
> together cover some territory,
> and are in windows bmp format.
> (3 .bmp files for each "band")
> They also contain approximate
> lat/lon corner coordinates
> (but not exact) in descriptions.
>
> The image processing tutorial
> by Victoria Harmon and Michael
> Shapiro doesn't tell anything
> about importing such data.
>
> The questions is what steps
> are required to rectify them in GRASS,
> using some digital maps, that
> cover the same region (I already
> have elevation in isolines
> and raster and vector streams,
> though not of the same resolution)?
>
> I would be thankful for any information,
> as I've never did such things
> before.

Hi Artemis,

the chapter 11 from my book should be translated these
days and submitted to my CVS. So you could read there.

For all: The "GRASSbook" is translated 80% now (250 pages). We
hope to get out the English version before summer.

Cheers

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology