[GRASSLIST:1782] Re: command-line i.composite

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sat Apr 28 03:13:11 EDT 2001

Gerald Buckmaster wrote:

> I would like to automate the composition of several band combinations for
> demonstration and instruction for several regions.
>
> I believe some bash scripting combined with g.region, i.composite
> and r.support is in order here, but those commands appear to be
> interactive only.

g.region and r.support can be run non-interactively, but unfortunately
i.composite can't. The only workaround which I know of is to export
the bands, merge them outside of GRASS (e.g. with rgb3toppm).

Note that GRASS doesn't have any actual support for RGB images. The
contents of a "cell" are inherently scalar values.