[GRASSLIST:1789] Re: Production GIS with Grass

Radim Blazek Radim.Blazek at dhv.cz
Sun Apr 29 08:02:13 EDT 2001

Charles Beaudry wrote:
> (Redirected by "Dan Putler" <putler at commerce.ubc.ca>)
> Hi All,
>
> I found Charles Beuadry's assessments of great interest.
> Thematic mapping for data visualization is one of the most powerful things
> about GIS, and is definitely something that would be an extremely welcome
> addition to GRASS (one that would greatly increase the size of the user
> base).  This naturally leads to the question of whether or not including
> thematic mapping is one of the priorities associated with changes in the
> vector module under GRASS5.1?
>  > Dan Putler

Easy thematic maping is of course one of the goals. I would not call it
priority because it should not be such problem after implementing real
priorities which are I think (related to thematic maping):
1. reliable links to database in vectors (almost done)
2. standard connection to external database. (some experimental code is
    written and I want to open discussion after g5.0 release)

Then thematic maping should be simple modification of few modules and
some gui for display and ps modules.

Radim