[GRASSLIST:2257] r.patch -- problem solved

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 3 12:21:24 EDT 2001

  Belay my previous post. The problem was caused by the color table for the
combined map, the reassignment of colors in the resultant map, and the
color of the lower elevations being the same as the background.

  Using r.colors fixed this.

  While on this topic of colors, how do I set GRASS-5 to take advantage of
the 16M colors my system supports? Even when I change the DEM map to use the
'wave' color table, it doesn't provide a wide enough range of color values
to show the topography well.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.