[GRASSLIST:2258] (no subject)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 3 13:04:42 EDT 2001

  Yesterday I asked for advice on matching DEMs of different resolutions (x,
y and height) and I received some excellent suggestions. I will do this as
soon as I get some thoughts on the last difference between these two sets of
data: the geographic datum.

  The majority of the data (think of the left side of the combined map) is
10 m cell size, 0.1 m elevation resolution and NAD83 datum. The right
side is 30 m cell size, 1.0 m elevation resolution and NAD27 datum. I know
that m.datum shifts one point at a time; is there a way of shifting the
entire raster map in GRASS-5? r.proj won't do it.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.