[GRASSLIST:2266] Display problem of floating point raster data

Christian Georges christian.georges at uibk.ac.at
Sat Aug 4 09:14:22 EDT 2001

Hello,

I'm running GRASS5 compiled from the CVS sources (24.07.) quite
smoothly on different PC's using different linux distributions (Redhat,
SuSE, 'LinuxFromScratch').

On one PC I experience a display problem (on the others I use the
same data, but have no display problems):
I can't display floating point raster data, whereas integer raster data show up with no problems.
The compilation of GRASS didn't give me any error, so I don't assume
that its really a GRASS problem, but more some kind of configuration
difficulties.
The floating point data are calulated by r.mapcalc on that machine, I can calculate r.support, stats and so on, thus the data seem to be ok.
seem to be ok.

Specs:
I start the display as usual: "d.mon start=x0" and get
"using default visual which is TrueColor
ncolors: 16777216"

Xserver configuration:
XFREE 3.3.6 11.0
24 bit
Windowmanager: KDE2
(Hardware: Matrox Millenium II, Compaq Pentium 200MMX)

Should I run the server on 16 instead of 24 bit?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Christian