[GRASSLIST:2302] Re: Question about import of non georeferenced image

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Aug 7 13:06:02 EDT 2001

At 18:29 7/08/01, you wrote:
>Hello !
>
>I import a .tiff ( a scanned image) and now I am trying to georeference it by
>changing the "current region" but it doesn't work : I am not allowed to change
>the projection. Do you know what is the right way ?
You cannot change a region once you defined it. If you want to reproject
data into a different projection you will have to create a new location
with the desired projection and project from your old location to your new
location (r.proj).

You can read the online tutorial at
http://grass.itc.it/gdp/neteler/index.html which should give you an idea of
how to do what you want.