[GRASSLIST:2303] Re: Question about import of non georeferenced image

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 7 13:41:19 EDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> You cannot change a region once you defined it. If you want to reproject
> data into a different projection you will have to create a new location
> with the desired projection and project from your old location to your new
> location (r.proj).

Moritz,

  Perhaps I'm particularly dense this morning, but isn't the problem more
fundamental than this? A scanned image has no region, does it? It's just a
bunch of bits until it is -- somehow -- georeferenced.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.