[GRASSLIST:2331] s.to.rast problems

Kevin Slover kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov
Thu Aug 9 10:51:03 EDT 2001

I am having problems right now converting a sites file to a raster...
I have imported an x,y,z file using the s.in.ascii command, and am now
trying to create a raster for a DEM.  I have gotten it to work before,
but forgot (of course) to document everything I had done.  Now, I am
trying to play with paramaters (i.e. cell resolution).  However, when
trying to output, I keep getting the error message:
ERROR: error while writing to temp file
Am I trying to define a resolution that is too great for my computers
capability.

One more simple question, I am trying to understand the difference
between the resolution as defined in the grid resolution and the size
command in the s.to.rast?  No real documentation on the second one...

thanks