[GRASSLIST:2335] More Help

Kevin Slover kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov
Thu Aug 9 14:34:00 EDT 2001

Well, I took Rich Shepards advice in using s.surf.idw...took way to much
time for what I am doing right now, so I was going to let it run
overnight.  Instead I tried the s.surf.rst, just to try different
methods.  Though I would have some luck with that one, but I kept
getting 2 error messages,
1.  Concentration of points to high, try increasing dmin.
2.  File size limit exceeded (core dumped).

So, one error leads to the other, I decreased dmin until it was at .1
(being that .5 of course is default) and it gives me the core dump.  So,
I try .15 and I get the 1st one.  I admit, the file size is large (using
an x,y,z format for 30m spaced Lidar Data for half of a county...it may
not be the proper way to get the raster, I am aware of this, I am trying
to learn why the errors...what is the file size dependent on??  Thanks
in advance, again

--
Kevin Slover, Meteorologist/Oceanographer
Tropical Prediction Center/National Hurricane Center

Work: (305) 229-4456 Fax : (305) 553-1264
e-mail:  kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov  kevin.slover at noaa.gov
Web address:  http://www.nhc.noaa.gov