[GRASSLIST:2341] Re: NVIZ2.2 Compile problem

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Aug 10 19:50:03 EDT 2001

John Dougherty wrote:

> I am finding that NVIZ2.2 in the Grass5.0.0pre1 package will not compile on
> my system.  I am also finding that the postgresql support and the ODBC
> support have problems and terminate in an Error 1 or Error 2 during the
> Gmake5 run.  Grass itself compiles properly.  I am running SuSE 7.2 with the
> development support installed (SuSE Professional).  My system is a PII 350
> mHz with ample disk space and 384 mb of ram.  I suppose what I need to know
> is whether there are some specific libraries that NVIZ, ODBC and postrgesql
> support require.

NVIZ requires Tcl/Tk, OpenGL and TIFF libraries; it will use the
PostgreSQL library if it is available. These in turn may have
dependencies (e.g. TIFF typically requires JPEG and zlib libraries).

The GRASS ODBC library requires the unixODBC library.

The PostgreSQL support requires the PostgreSQL library (libpq).