[GRASSLIST:2727] Re: Upload sites to db

Harald Wehr hwehr at hs-harz.de
Tue Dec 4 02:36:06 EST 2001

Radim Blazek wrote:

> On Thu 29. November 2001 07:42, Harald Wehr wrote:
>
>>Hi grasslist,
>>
>>to upload a vector to a database I can use "v.to.db". But I didn' t find
>>any hints on how many columns the table must have and which _datatypes_
>>a column therefore should have.
>>
>>Can you give any hints?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Harald
>>

> The table should have at least id/key (integer) and x, y (numbers).
>
> Example:
> db.connect driver=odbc database=sites
>
> echo "create table sites (id int4, x float8, y float8, type char(1),  \
>          name varchar(50))"  | db.execute
> # postgresql specific types used here
>
> v.to.db type=site map=sites option=cat table=sites key=id
> v.to.db type=site map=sites option=coor table=sites key=id col1=x col2=y

I exactly followed your instructions to this point. First i digitized
some sites in grass. Then i created a table like this above and then
tried to put these sites into the table. But after that there are no
sites in the table. Only the category, i have assigned to all sites is
written in the column "id". There is nothing else in the table "sites".

Can you give any hints what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks Harald