[GRASSLIST:2758] Re: general question

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Dec 6 13:13:59 EST 2001

Kevin Slover wrote:

> Just a general question is all I have...is it possible to modify a file
> somewhere to be able to get multiple sessions of grass running on one
> computer??  I lose a lot of time waiting for scripts that I have created
> to run.

The problem is that the file specified by $GISRC (typically
~/.grassrc5) is modified by various commands, and no locking is
performed.

You could try modifying the grass5 script to create a unique $GISRC
filer for each session, and removing the conncurrent use checks from
$GISBASE/etc/Init.sh.

> If not, is this a possible option for 5.1??  Thanks!!

I believe that the session mechanism is under review for 5.1.