[GRASSLIST:2761] libX11.so.6.1 error

Noriel Christopher C. Tiglao noriel at planner.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Dec 6 15:51:11 EST 2001

I am compiling GRASS myself and there was not any hint of this problem during
configure and building. I tried to issue a 'find / -name' for libX11.so.6.1
and such a file is indeed non-existent on the SUN UltraSparc 5 with
Pre-installed Solaris 2.7.

I've read the X11R6.4 release and SUN documentation, it seems that there is
not really a strong correspondence between Sun X servers and the X11 system
due to the graphics systems (ie. Creator, Creator 3D) provided by SUN.

Can anyone suggest how to go about this one? I need to get these libraries
loaded for the TclTk interface to work in GRASS. Thanks.

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Noriel Christopher C. Tiglao wrote:
>
> > I've located the wish program and made the appropriate links, however,
> > it seems that I've got a more serious problem my way. Upon running GRASS
> > is TclTk mode, I get the following error messages from the console:
> >
> > ld.so.1: wish: fatal: libX11.so.6.1: open failed: No such file or
> > directory
> > ERROR: Invalied return code from gis_set.tcl
>
> If you are using pre-compiled binaries, they would appear not to be
> compatible with your system. If you compiled GRASS yourself, there is
> a problem with your environment (the shared library was found by the
> linker but not by the loader).
>
> --
> Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

Noriel Christopher C. Tiglao

Doctoral Student
Regional Planning and Surveying Laboratory
Department of Civil Engineering
University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo JAPAN 113-8656
Telephone: +81-3-5841-6129
Facsimile: +81-3-5841-7453
E-mail: noriel at planner.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
           noriel at up-ncts.org.ph