[GRASSLIST:2767] Re: another wish error

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Dec 7 05:38:39 EST 2001

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Noriel Christopher C. Tiglao wrote:
>
> > I've located the wish program and made the appropriate links, however,
> > it seems that I've got a more serious problem my way. Upon running GRASS
> > is TclTk mode, I get the following error messages from the console:
> >
> > ld.so.1: wish: fatal: libX11.so.6.1: open failed: No such file or
> > directory
> > ERROR: Invalied return code from gis_set.tcl
>
> If you are using pre-compiled binaries, they would appear not to be
> compatible with your system. If you compiled GRASS yourself, there is
> a problem with your environment (the shared library was found by the
> linker but not by the loader).

Correction: it's not a build problem. I'd overlooked the fact that the
error was from "wish", not one of the GRASS programs.

The wish program which you are using isn't compatible with your
system. You will need to either find a compatible version of wish, or
build Tcl/Tk yourself from source.

Note: on some systems, the wish program includes the Tcl/Tk version
number, e.g. "wish8.3".