[GRASSLIST:2800] Re: Error in startup script

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Dec 18 13:03:30 EST 2001

bouffy wrote:

> I've got a problem when I run the tcltkgrass command.
> The following message appears :
>
> -------------
>  Error in startup script: unmatched open brace in list
>        while executing
>  "llenght $line"
>        invoked from within
>  "if ![catch {open ~/.tcltkgrass r} stream] {
>        while {[gets $stream line] >= 0} {
>           if {[llenght $line] != 2 || \
>               [set i [scan [lin..."
>        (file "/usr/local/grass5/tcltkgrass/main/gui.tcl" line 1840)
>        invoked from within
>  "source $env(TCLTKGRASSBASE)/main/gui.tcl"
>        (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/tcltkgrass" line 17)
> -------------
>
> Is it a problem with the environment variables ?

I doubt it.

The error message implies that $line (a line from the ~/.tcltkgrass
file) contains an unmatched open brace. This suggests that the code
which writes ~/.tcltkgrass isn't doing it correctly.

Can you post your ~/.tcltkgrass file? That would provide some clues as
to the location of the error.

In the meantime, deleting or renaming your ~/.tcltkgrass file will
allow you to start tcltkgrass, although without any saved
configuration options.