[GRASSLIST:2811] Re: NVIZ problems on Mac OSX

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Dec 20 16:56:33 EST 2001

Nick Cahill wrote:

> I am unable to get NVIZ to start successfully. Starting from the
> tcltk menu, I get an error message "<el=surface> is ambiguous".

This is a known problem, which has since been fixed (in the current
CVS version). If an error occurs while initialising Tk, the above
message is printed instead of a usable error message and backtrace.

Note: the update won't necessarily solve whatever problem caused the
Tk initialisation to fail, but it will produce a meaningful error
message, allowing the underlying problem to be determined.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any updated binaries; you would need
to build them yourself from the CVS source.