[GRASSLIST:2830] Re: Compiling Grass 5.0 pre2 on Mandrake 8.1 platform

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sat Dec 29 02:08:11 EST 2001

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:28:53 -0800, John Dougherty <jwd at softcom.net> wrote:

> As I recall, one or more of the unlocated libraries from the Grass5.0
> configure listing below are unnecessary to the operation of Grass currently.
> However, I am reaonably certain that the "GD library" is necessary.  I can
> not locate it on any of the Mdk 8.1 distribution disks.  Can someone let me
> know where the files can be found on line?

> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate GD includes.
> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate GD library.
> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate BLAS library.
> configure: warning: *** Unable to locate LAPACK library.

BLAS and LAPACK aren't [yet] absolutely required. And, GD
is only required by the PNG "display" driver.  If you don't
want/need to draw directly to a PNG graphics file, then no
harm will come from compiling without it (of course, you
won't be able to do "d.mon start=PNG").

For GD -->  http://www.boutell.com/gd/

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>