[GRASSLIST:1421] Re: REPOST: d.vect cutting algorithm?

Johansen Per Henrik per.henrik.johansen at norgit.no
Mon Feb 5 06:55:27 EST 2001

Both layers continue to the west (I am using the spearfish mapset and that
should be correct, or? You should also be able to reproduce this effect).

I also tried a little experiment and rezised the X display; this also seem
to cut the roads to the west! See http://www3.norgit.no/apnee/tcl2.png

I have no idea what is happening, but it seems to that d.area and d.vect
uses different cutting functions or are invoked with different coordinates.
I have tried to look in the source, and I see that d.vect has a plot2()
function that is missing from d.area. Might this have something to do with
my problem?

FYI: There is no more map data to the east, thats way it is not cut off, I
have tried this with some of my own mapsets and GRASS happily cuts to both
east and west, but never to the north and south.

FYI2: I am using Grass 5.0 beta 10

Per Henrik

--
Per Henrik Johansen