[GRASSLIST:1430] Re: first install, help me, I'm on starting blocks

mlennert at club.worldonline.be mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Feb 7 12:29:58 EST 2001

In case you haven't, you should get the _binary_, not the _source_ release
(you can get it at http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass43/binary/linux/)
. Then you just have to run the grass43install.sh that you can find at the
same above address, and Grass should be up and running.

You might also want to take a look at Grass5beta (http://www.geog.uni-hannover.
de/grass/grass5/binary/linux/). It is quite stable (I use it for everyday work
at university without any problems) and has a lot more possibilities.

For instructions and tutorials you should have a look at

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/index.html

where you'll find an entire collection.

Have fun !

Moritz