[GRASSLIST:1452] Re: Beta10 startup

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 12 12:32:30 EST 2001

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Roger S. Miller wrote:

> Personally I try to get everything as source code and compile if for my
> system because in the past I frequently lost capabilities and had minor
> incompatibilities in pre-compiled binaries.  Things *are* improving now
> and I doubt those problems are as common as they once were.

  Thanks, Roger. I've had a number of SysAdmins here tell me that they
always get the source package and rebuild it on their systems. I'm trying to
be lazy because I have too much to do as it is. However, this appears to be
the most parsimonious solution.

  I shall go forth and hunt down the .src.rpm and rebuild it in house.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com