[GRASSLIST:1454] Re: Beta10 startup

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Feb 12 17:04:43 EST 2001

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 09:28:12AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Peter Earle wrote:
>
> > Have you tried just making a link (ln -s) from your old library file to
> > the file name that your application (GRASS) wants?
>
> Peter,
>
>   No, I didn't. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I assume that the newer version of
> the library has changes that the GRASS-beta-11.2 requires.
Rich,

the libncurses5 is the same since month. I build the linux binaries
of GRASS-beta-11.2 on the same linux box as GRASS-beta-11.1 as
GRASS-beta-10 (maybe GRASS-beta-9 as well). So there was no change
in libncurses as far as I can remember (ah yes, installed 30. Jul 2000).

Simply get the ncurses5.rpm and feel happy...
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=ncurses

Markus