[GRASSLIST:1498] Re: v.in.mif

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 08:12:20 EST 2001

Gaetan GUYODO wrote:

> I try to import a couple of mif/mid files into GRASS.
> but when I try :
> GRASS:~ >v.in.mif .....
> bash: v.in.mif: command not found
>
> why ?
> I've 5b11.2, and some of you spoke about this function, and it seemed to work
> with you...
> If someone has an idea...
>
> Gaetan

Hi

It seems v.in.mif may have been left out of recent binary builds. It was
being updated to include support for importing area data, which needs
conversion routines unlike simple line data, and so because it would not
compile, the default install was disabled. If you have a source tree you
can build the latest, by running gmake5 from the src/mapdev/v.in.mif
directory, or obtain a binary of just that module.

Either way you then have to copy v.in.mif from
dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/bin/cmd/v.in.mif (or whatever) to the same
location under the grass5 installation directory, then make a link from
grass5/etc/front.end to grass5/bin/v.in.mif

Regards

David