[GRASSLIST:1503] v.support non-interactively?

Bernhard Sturm sturm at datacomm.ch
Fri Feb 23 23:19:11 EST 2001

Hi list
I have a question concerning category creation on vector layers. I tried
using v.support with the build option on a binary vector layer. Strange
thing was, that when I tried to use v.reclass (also non-interactively
through a perl script), I got the message that the vectory layer in
question does not contain category information.
If I check the layer with v.support (interactively through the shell) and
then edit the categories I also get an error, that the layer doesn't have
category information. However after this error I am able to add categories
to the layer (only in the interactive mode of v.support).

Does anybody know how to add and reclass categories on a vector by using
the non-intercative mode of v.reclass and v.support in GRASS5beta10??

thanks in advance
Bernhard Sturm
--
Centre for Development and Environment