[GRASSLIST:1505] d.mon usage

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 24 12:41:49 EST 2001

  Thank you all very much. You confirmed my suspicion that most of the time
a single monitor is opened and used, but having more available is useful
from time-to-time.

  For the new TUI (that's Textual User Interface) that I'm writing with the
latest ncurses (including panels -- windows, menus and forms), x0 will be
automatically opened when GRASS is invoked (and stopped when GRASS exits),
and other monitors can be manually opened as needed.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com