[GRASSLIST:1529] Re: r.in.tiff sefault

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Feb 27 22:49:26 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 11:03:23PM -0300, J. Simon Goodall wrote:
> Yes, r.in.tiff is segfaulting inmediately, my config is;
>
> Slack 7.1
> grass5.0beta11 compiled from source
> latest libtiff, tiff-v3.5.6-beta
>
> Guess I'm one of the only ones with the problem, r.in.tiff must be used
> extensively.

I actually haven't used since some recent changes were made to it.
Possibly a bug with those changes.  I meant to rewrite the thing from
scratch with handling for translation terms in the TFW, but I got kind
of hung up on that part (the image rectification).  Maybe I should just
attempt a rewrite that doesn't try to do image rectification, if needed,
and just give the user the tie-points needed to run i.rectify.  In some
ways, the TIFF format allows too many different things for it's own
good....

I agree, it's important to get that module working well.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>