[GRASSLIST:1541] Re: installing binaries on windows

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Feb 28 11:23:20 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:16:50AM -0500, Lars Bromley wrote:
> Just wanted to weigh in on this issue...
>
> I tried the Cygnus/Windows thing a while ago and never made it far, all
> sorts of install errors and other issues beat me back. My solution was to
> just to use Samba on the machine which ran GRASS (in my case a Slackware
> linux), giving me access to my Windows network. Thus, keeping GRASS on a
> *nix system and installing Samba (or other appropriate networking
> software) seemed to be easier than trying to get the Cygnus/Window thing
> going.
>
> Lars

Please note that the current version lacks an important file.
I will remove the package and hope to receive a new package
soon which is complete.

If anyone could improve the README.html, please send the updates
to me for the web.

Markus Neteler

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology